- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked lean ham
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. In a Dutch oven, melt butter; whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk and seasonings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; fold in sour cream until blended. Add ham and pasta; cook and stir until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in Mexican cheese blend until melted. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 10 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Ham and Cheese Ranch Pasta
Sort By :
"It was just okay for my taste."
"I normally make this when I have leftover ham. It is quick, easy, and has good flavour. Great weeknight meal when time is rushed. I never use the parmesan cheese and I only use about one cup of the shredded cheese and I don't feel this detracts from the taste at all."
"Great flavor combination, only thing I changed was that I used Monterey Jack cheese instead of the Mexican blend."
"I absolutely love this dish. I have made it several times and love the flavors. I have made it with chicken to cut back a little on salt. Highly recommend."
"we made this tonight. My 13 yr old picked out the recipe fm the Comfort Food Diet cookbook. I let her cook it since it was simple enough... and we had all the ingredients. She was proud of herself and we all enjoyed it. Quick and easy too!! Very good... thanks!!"