Ham and Cheese Ranch Pasta Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. In a Dutch oven, melt butter; whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk and seasonings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Reduce heat; fold in sour cream until blended. Add ham and pasta; cook and stir until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in Mexican cheese blend until melted. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 10 servings.
1 cup equals 306 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 612 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.