Ham and Cheese Ranch Pasta Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. In a Dutch oven, melt butter; whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk and seasonings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Reduce heat; fold in sour cream until blended. Add ham and pasta; cook and stir until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in Mexican cheese blend until melted. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 10 servings.
1 cup: 306 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 612mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Reviews for Ham and Cheese Ranch Pasta
"It was just okay for my taste."
"Great flavor combination, only thing I changed was that I used Monterey Jack cheese instead of the Mexican blend."
"I absolutely love this dish. I have made it several times and love the flavors. I have made it with chicken to cut back a little on salt. Highly recommend."
"This dish is a hit every time I make it! I think people love it because of the dill in it. It's perfect to feed a lot of people."
"I was pleasantly surprised by this recipe. It was GOOD! I was expecting another boring mac and cheese recipe, but this is far from it. Perfect !"
"Very good recipe. It makes a lot so plan on several people or you can freeze for future use."
"flavor was good texture was off, but i used half penne and half macroni. it was what i had."
"Everyone in the family really enjoyed this dish. The flavor was very good. We will make this again!"
"This is definitely a keeper! Great flavor and you'd never guess it's lighter. We will definitely be eating this again!"
"Love this recipe! It's become a family favorite!"
"I love this!! I add broccoli to it as well, so it's a complete meal! One of my favs!"