Ham and Cheese Puffs Recipe
- 1 package (2-1/2 ounces) thinly sliced deli ham, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Combine the first six ingredients. Divide crescent dough into 24 portions. Press into greased mini-muffin cups.
- 2. Spoon 1 tablespoon ham mixture into each cup. Bake until golden brown, 13-15 minutes. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 appetizer: 110 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 263mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Ham and Cheese Puffs
"These are wonderful. I omitted the onion when serving to the younger kids and make them in a mini muffin pan. I also make ahead and freeze and then reheat in microwave. They aren't quite as good as fresh-made but rival any frozen reheat breakfast item you get out of a box...for sure!! This is a permanent in our breakfast menu and I even make them for newly widowed friends and family as they are easy for them to reheat and while being filling they don't have to deal with leftovers in the refrigerator as they make only the amount they want from freezer to microwave."
"THESE ARE GREAT. I DIVIDE DOUGH IN HALVES INSTEAD OF THIRDS AND ADD MORE FILLING THEN COOK LONGER FOR A HEARTY appetizer OR MAIN DISH. THE TASTE IS HEAVENLY.JANE KATIE"
"These are wonderful. I gave my future daughter in law a subscription to your magazine last year and she made them for Christmas. I have since made them a number of times and always get rave reviews."