Ham and Cheese Puff Recipe
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) Italian bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1-1/2 pounds Monterey Jack or Muenster cheese, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 16 eggs
- 7 cups milk
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 1. Toss bread, ham and cheese; divide between two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; transfer to a bowl. Add eggs, milk and mustard; mix well. Pour over bread mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve immediately. Yield: 24-30 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 267 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 164 mg cholesterol, 704 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.