Ham and Cheese Puff Recipe
This recipe is an absolute winner for brunch, lunch or whatever. People really seem to go for the big chunks of ham combined with the flavors of mustard and cheese. Since it's assembled the night before, it is a great make-ahead potluck dish.
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) Italian bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1-1/2 pounds Monterey Jack or Muenster cheese, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 16 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 7 cups milk
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- Toss bread, ham and cheese; divide between two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; transfer to a bowl. Add eggs, milk and mustard; mix well. Pour over bread mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve immediately. Yield: 24-30 servings.
Originally published as Ham and Cheese Puff in Taste of Home February/March 1999, p33
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Ham and Cheese Puff(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 24, 2013
Made this morning for church potluck. It received great reviews. Thanks for a yummy recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Ham >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >