Ham and Cheese Puff Recipe
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) Italian bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1-1/2 pounds Monterey Jack or Muenster cheese, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 16 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 7 cups milk
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- Toss bread, ham and cheese; divide between two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; transfer to a bowl. Add eggs, milk and mustard; mix well. Pour over bread mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve immediately. Yield: 24-30 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Ham and Cheese Puff
Sort By :
If you do not have time for it to sit overnight, it also works to assemble and let it sit about 30 minutes before putting it in the oven. At least it works when making 1/4 of the recipe and using regular bread : )
Made this morning for church potluck. It received great reviews. Thanks for a yummy recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Ham >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >