"These unique sandwich pockets are filled with ingredients most kids like."—Callie Myers, Rockport, Texas
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2-1/2 cups finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- Let dough rise according to package directions. Punch down; divide into 10 pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into a 5-in. circle.
- Place one circle on a greased baking sheet; top with about 1/4 cup ham and 2 tablespoons cheese to within 1/2 in. of edge. Press filling to flatten. Combine egg yolk and water; brush edges of dough. Fold dough over filling and pinch edges to seal. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Brush tops with remaining egg yolk mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or cold. If desired, cool and freeze. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Lunch-Box "Handwiches" in Taste of Home April/May 1994, p54
Reviews for Ham and Cheese Pockets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review