- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 pound sliced deli ham, chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding asparagus during the last 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter; add garlic. Stir in the flour, onion powder, pepper and thyme until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat. Add cheeses; stir until melted. Stir in ham; heat through. Drain pasta and asparagus; toss with cheese mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Ham and Cheese Pasta
Sort By :
"I love this recipe! It has all the cheesy goodness that I love, and the ham and asparagus make it that much more delicious! It freezes well in small portions, which makes it even better."
"My family loves this dish. It's quick and easy to make. Delicious!"
"I liked this recipe. It did not taste as heavy as I thought it would. It had a good creamy flavor and my kids loved it. (Thank God)."
"Pretty good meal! It is very easy to make. The sauce is not soupy if you allow it to thicken. I used multigrain pasta, and I also thought the aspargus was a nice touch. Overall, this is a simple, quick, easy dish to make if you have leftover ham. I don't plan to make this dish regularly, but it is good."
"Maybe people should stop omitting the asparagus, since the majority who didn't like this did just that. I recently made this again and used skim milk in place of whole and it took a bit longer to thicken, but still came out delicious. The flavors of the ham, asparagus and cheeses blended together perfectly and just like the first time I made it, it was all gone by the next day. I suppose everyone has different tastes."