Ham and Cheese Pasta Recipe
Kids and adults alike will love this dressed-up version of creamy macaroni and cheese from our Test Kitchen.
- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 pound sliced deli ham, chopped
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, adding asparagus during the last 3 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter; add garlic. Stir in the flour, onion powder, pepper and thyme until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Reduce heat. Add cheeses; stir until melted. Stir in ham; heat through. Drain pasta and asparagus; toss with cheese mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Ham and Cheese Pasta
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC