- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 pound sliced deli ham, chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding asparagus during the last 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter; add garlic. Stir in the flour, onion powder, pepper and thyme until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat. Add cheeses; stir until melted. Stir in ham; heat through. Drain pasta and asparagus; toss with cheese mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ham 'n' Cheese Pasta in Simple & Delicious May/June 2008, p6
Reviews for Ham and Cheese Pasta(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 28, 2011
I love this recipe! It has all the cheesy goodness that I love, and the ham and asparagus make it that much more delicious! It freezes well in small portions, which makes it even better.
More Recipe Collections
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >