Ham and Cheese Omelet Roll
"I'd always had trouble making omelets until a friend gave me this recipe," writes Christa Lee of Omaha, Nebraska. "It's simple and versatile. You can use any combination of meats, veggies and cheeses you wish."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, flour, salt and pepper. Pour
- into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 7-9 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Sprinkle with ham and 1/2 cup cheese. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or
- until cheese is melted.
- Loosen edges of omelet from baking dish with a knife. Using two small
- spatulas, carefully roll up tightly, jelly-roll style, leaving it in
- the dish. Sprinkle bacon and remaining cheese over omelet roll. Bake
- for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 442 calories, 27 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 385 mg cholesterol, 1,076 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein.