Ham and Cheese Omelet Roll Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, flour, salt and pepper. Pour into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 7-9 minutes or until eggs are set. Sprinkle with ham and 1/2 cup cheese. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- 3. Loosen edges of omelet from baking dish with a knife. Using two small spatulas, carefully roll up tightly, jelly-roll style, leaving it in the dish. Sprinkle bacon and remaining cheese over omelet roll. Bake for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 442 calories, 27 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 385 mg cholesterol, 1,076 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein.
Reviews for Ham and Cheese Omelet Roll
"Made this recipe a lot, very good and easy"
"Loved the flavor, but couldn't get it to roll up...even though I thought I used plenty of cooking spray. Maybe I had too much ham."
"This was very easy to make, even for a crowd. It needed a little more cooking time until the eggs set. Rolled very easily, overstuffed the last one so it only folded over, but the other ones came out great. Would definitely make again, maybe with different fillings."
"we didn't like the dry texture of the eggs, to much flour maybe, may try it again with less flour."
"I've made this many times. It's especially pretty for morning guests and it's yummy!! Never had any problems with it."
"Didnt enjoy it."
"Tasted good, but I apparently didn't use enough cooking spray as mine stuck to the pan and didn't turn out so pretty."
"This tasted so good! Make sure you don't over stuff or it might break when rolling! Pretty easy and something a little different than the average omelet! Made for two very filling!!!"
"Very easy and tasty! I doubled the recipe and placed in a 9x13 pan. Also blended in blender instead of whisking. Make sure you use enough cooking spray."
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.