Ham and Cheese Muffins
Doris Heath of Bryson City, North Carolina says, "These savory biscuit-like muffins are delicious at breakfast or accompanying a hearty bowl of soup."
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine flour and baking soda. Combine remaining
- ingredients; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill
- greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 425° for 16-18 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield:
- about 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 172 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 455 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.