Ham and Cheese Mini Stratas
Almost too cute to eat, these mini egg bakes make a handy portable meal. Even with a creamy texture, they hold their shape and have the perfect amount of mix-ins. —Shirley Warren, Thiensville, Wisconsin
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 5 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed day-old Italian bread (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small skillet, saute onion in oil
- until tender. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, cheese, mustard,
- salt and pepper. Stir in bread cubes, ham, tomato and onion.
- Spoon into greased or foil-lined muffin cups. Bake, uncovered, 22-26
- minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Yield: 1 dozen.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.