Almost too cute to eat, these mini egg bakes make a handy portable meal. Even with a creamy texture, they hold their shape and have the perfect amount of mix-ins. —Shirley Warren, Thiensville, Wisconsin
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 5 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed day-old Italian bread (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, cheese, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir in bread cubes, ham, tomato and onion.
- Spoon into greased or foil-lined muffin cups. Bake, uncovered, 22-26 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Ham and Cheese Stratas in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p216
Reviews for Ham and Cheese Mini Stratas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 2, 2015
"These turned out well. There was a nice amount of mustard to give them some zing. I used a good cheddar, and didn't add the tomato."