This golden loaf relies on the convenience of refrigerated dough that's stuffed with ham and cheese. I created the recipe by experimenting with a few simple ingredients my family loves. It makes a delicious hot sandwich in no time. —Glorida Lindell, Welcome, Minnesota
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 10 slices deli ham
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Unroll dough onto a greased baking sheet; top with the ham, onions and cheeses. Roll up tightly jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal and tuck ends under. Brush with butter.
Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes; cut into 1-in. slices.
Freeze option: Cool unsliced loaf on a wire rack. Spray a large piece of foil with cooking spray. Wrap loaf in prepared foil and freeze for up to 3 months. To use, thaw at room temperature for 2 hours. Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap and place on a greased baking sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 5 minutes; cut into 1-in. slices. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Ham and Cheese Loaf in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p33
Reviews for Ham and Cheese Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review