Ham and Cheese Frittata
This recipe is very flexible because it can be served around the clock. In summer, I frequently add a variety of fresh vegetables, including zucchini.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red or green pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup diced cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Saute mushrooms, pepper
- and onions until tender. In a bowl, beat eggs until foamy; stir in
- ham. Pour over the vegetables. Let eggs set on the bottom, then lift
- the edges to allow any uncooked egg to flow underneath. Cover and
- cook until the eggs are set, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese
- and cut into wedges to serve. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 300 calories, 23 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 373 mg cholesterol, 548 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.