This recipe is very flexible because it can be served around the clock. In summer, I frequently add a variety of fresh vegetables, including zucchini.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red or green pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup diced cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Saute mushrooms, pepper and onions until tender. In a bowl, beat eggs until foamy; stir in ham. Pour over the vegetables. Let eggs set on the bottom, then lift the edges to allow any uncooked egg to flow underneath. Cover and cook until the eggs are set, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and cut into wedges to serve. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ham and Cheese Frittata in Country Woman May/June 1992, p37
Reviews for Ham and Cheese Frittata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 17, 2015
"whats the water for? no mention of the water in the instructions"
Reviewed Feb. 22, 2014