Ham and Cheese Bread Recipe
"Ham and cheese baked inside bread dough makes a hearty snack," says Marian Christensen of Sumner, Michigan.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheese (cheddar, Swiss and/or Monterey Jack)
- 2 cups finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1. Cook broccoli according to package directions. Drain and cool.
- 2. Roll each loaf of dough into a 15-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Place one in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with broccoli, cheese and ham to within 1/2 in. of edges. Place second rectangle on top, sealing edges.
- 3. Brush the top with butter; sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 270 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 707 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC