- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheese (cheddar, Swiss and/or Monterey Jack)
- 2 cups finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Cook broccoli according to package directions. Drain and cool.
- Roll each loaf of dough into a 15-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Place one in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with broccoli, cheese and ham to within 1/2 in. of edges. Place second rectangle on top, sealing edges.
- Brush the top with butter; sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Ham and Cheese Bread
"I have been making this sandwich for years after the recipe appeared in Taste of Home Magazine, and my family loves it! I make it with chopped ham for the most flavor, equal amounts of cheddar and swiss cheeses, make sure the broccoli is finely chopped and lastly, I sprinkle genrous amounts garlic and onion powders over the top of the bread before baking. I serve it with homemade Tomato soup."
"While this was very good and tasty, it was an awful lot of bread. Fairly simple to make also."