Ham and Cheddar Scones
A good friend of mine frequently makes these scones and shares with me. They are so good and you can see the flecks of cheese, ham and green onions.—Felicity La Rue, Palmdale, California
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup diced cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar,
- baking powder and salt. Stir in cream just until moistened. Stir in
- ham, cheese and onions. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times.
- Transfer dough to a greased baking sheet. Pat into a 9-in. circle.
- Cut into 12 wedges, but do not separate. Bake 20-25 minutes or until
- golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.