Ham and Cheddar Scones Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup diced cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in cream just until moistened. Stir in ham, cheese and onions. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times.
- 2. Transfer dough to a greased baking sheet. Pat into a 9-in. circle. Cut into 12 wedges, but do not separate. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 scone: 326 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 498mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Ham and Cheddar Scones
"very hard to make not enough liquid to make it all mix together."