A good friend of mine frequently makes these scones and shares with me. They are so good and you can see the flecks of cheese, ham and green onions.—Felicity La Rue, Palmdale, California
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup diced cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in cream just until moistened. Stir in ham, cheese and onions. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times.
- Transfer dough to a greased baking sheet. Pat into a 9-in. circle. Cut into 12 wedges, but do not separate. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Ham and Cheddar Scones in Breakfast and Brunch Bookazine 2012 2012
Reviews for Ham and Cheddar Scones
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review