Ham and Broccoli Supper Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1-1/2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 slices bread, crusts removed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. water, broccoli and onion to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender; drain.
- In a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish, layer the rice, ham and broccoli mixture. Combine the soup, cheese and milk; spoon over broccoli. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, coarsely crumble bread. In a small skillet, cook crumbs in butter over medium-high heat until lightly browned. Sprinkle over casserole. Bake 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Ham and Broccoli Supper(5)
Sort By :
We used the cheese soup and Frenches dried onions on top, everyone loved it!
Made this for supper with the inlaws and it was a big hit! I double the recipe and increased the amount of milk to 1 cup since another reviewer said it was dry. I thought it was just perfect the way I made it. Before I sprinkled the topping on and baked the last few minutes, I stirred the casserole up - think that helped too with it not being dry
This recipe was just "okay" for us, nothing spectacular.
This was really tasty! My only complaint was that it was a tad dry so next time I will just add more liquid. We really liked it though!
My one-year-old who is a very picky eater ate it!