Ham and Broccoli Supper
I found this recipe in an old Amish cookbook a while back. It combines lots of my family's favorite foods, like ham, broccoli and rice, and it makes a very tasty meal.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1-1/2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 slices bread, crusts removed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. water, broccoli and onion to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until vegetables
- are crisp-tender; drain.
- In a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish, layer the rice, ham and broccoli
- mixture. Combine the soup, cheese and milk; spoon over broccoli.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, coarsely crumble bread. In a small skillet, cook crumbs in
- butter over medium-high heat until lightly browned. Sprinkle over
- casserole. Bake 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 4