Ham and Broccoli Roll-ups
WHEN our two children went away to school, I had to learn how to adjust my recipes for just my husband and me. There were too many leftovers!
I started gathering recipes with smaller amounts, and my daughter was on the lookout for me, also. This is one she sent, and I make it often.
-Eleanor Carroll, Ellicott City, Maryland
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 slices fully cooked ham (1/8 inch thick)
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen broccoli spears, cooked and drained
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour. Stir in the mustard,
- horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, onion and salt. Combine the
- pineapple juice, milk and egg yolk. Gradually stir into butter
- mixture. Bring to a gentle boil; cook until thickened. Remove from
- the heat and set aside.
- Top each piece of ham with a cheese slice and two to three broccoli
- spears. Spoon 1 tablespoon sauce over broccoli. Roll-up, securing
- with toothpicks if necessary. Place, seam side down, in a greased
- shallow baking dish. Top with remaining sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.