Ham and Broccoli Linguine Recipe
- 3 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup julienned fully cooked ham
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook linguine according to package directions, adding the broccoli, cauliflower and carrot during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- 2. Meanwhile, in another saucepan, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, thyme, salt and pepper until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese.
- 3. Drain linguine and vegetables; transfer to a serving bowl. Add ham and sauce mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
2-1/2 cups (prepared with reduced-fat butter and reduced-fat cheese) equals 502 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 1,443 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.