Ham and Broccoli Linguine Recipe
Thyme provides an earthy flavor to this hearty pasta dish, created by our Test Kitchen. This simple meal-in-one can be on your dinner table tonight!
- 3 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup julienned fully cooked ham
- In a large saucepan, cook linguine according to package directions, adding the broccoli, cauliflower and carrot during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, thyme, salt and pepper until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese.
- Drain linguine and vegetables; transfer to a serving bowl. Add ham and sauce mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Ham and Broccoli Linguine in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009, p60
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Ham and Broccoli Linguine(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >