Ham and Broccoli Biscuit Bake Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper blend
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1-1/2 cups Bisquick® mix
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine broccoli, soup, 3/4 cup milk and seasonings in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; stir in ham and cheese. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Pour into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Combine biscuit mix, egg and remaining milk in a small bowl just until moistened. Drop by tablespoonfuls over ham mixture; spread gently.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Ham and Broccoli Biscuit Bake(7)
Sort By :
This was really good but I'm glad I read the reviews first. I have to agree that some extra gravy is necessary to make this really work. I ended up adding an extra half cup or so of milk as well as about a half cup of sour cream that I had on hand. Also just used a regular size bag of "cut" broccoli rather than the "chopped" stuff. In regards to all the pepper the recipe calls for, I just added a little garlic salt and pepper to taste, and then added some Sriracha to my own portion for a little heat! I think adding a little mustard next time might give it some nice flavor as well.
Very tasty, but agree with other reviews to use garlic powder instead of garlic pepper blend - too peppery for the kids' tastes and even borderline for the adults.
I also substituted 1 tsp. garlic powder for the garlic pepper blend. It turned out Perfectly and was delicious!! We will be making this one again and again.
This was somewhat dry and too peppery. Also, there was way too much bread on top for the amount of filling underneath.
we halved the ham and felt like it was plenty. We would have liked more "gravy:" but defiantly in our rotation.