- 2-1/2 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper blend
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine broccoli, soup, 3/4 cup milk and seasonings in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add the ham and cheese. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Pour into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Combine biscuit mix, egg and remaining milk in a small bowl just until moistened. Drop by tablespoonfuls over ham mixture; spread gently.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Ham and Broccoli Biscuit Bake
"My husband, who is very picky, told me this recipe was a "make again"."
"I added pepper jack cheese instead of Monterrey jack cheese. My whole family loved it even my picky son."
"If I were to make it again, I would double the sauce (ham and broccoli) but keep the amount of the topping the same. Maybe it's one of those dishes that tastes better the next day."
"This looks so good. But there is one problem my sister hates cooked broccoli. But she loves cream cheese and ham so I will grind the broccoli then mix it with the cream cheese she will never notice."
"Added a can of drained corn, can of diced potatoes and made more sauce. Used cheddar and swiss, added mustard and saut?ed onion...very light garlic powder. Definitely needed more sauce!Very tasty. If biscuits are too much for some, you can make a biscuit crumb topping with bisquick and butter. Next time I will add a jar of diced pimento"
"I have the exact recipe from my old collection but I had to discontinue using it because of the exceedingly high sodium content--1408 mg/serving in this one! Ham, canned soup, cheese, and the biscuit mix--a quadruple hit. I would surely appreciate more new ways to fix old favorites that take good health guidelines into consideration. I think we owe it to the our families to not only cook what tastes good but especially what is good for their health because in the end--that's what counts."
"This was really good but I'm glad I read the reviews first. I have to agree that some extra gravy is necessary to make this really work. I ended up adding an extra half cup or so of milk as well as about a half cup of sour cream that I had on hand. Also just used a regular size bag of "cut" broccoli rather than the "chopped" stuff. In regards to all the pepper the recipe calls for, I just added a little garlic salt and pepper to taste, and then added some Sriracha to my own portion for a little heat! I think adding a little mustard next time might give it some nice flavor as well."
"Very tasty, but agree with other reviews to use garlic powder instead of garlic pepper blend - too peppery for the kids' tastes and even borderline for the adults."
"I also substituted 1 tsp. garlic powder for the garlic pepper blend. It turned out Perfectly and was delicious!! We will be making this one again and again."