Ham and Broccoli Bake Recipe
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) day-old French bread, cubed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Toss bread cubes with butter. Place half in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with half of the cheese and broccoli; sprinkle with ham. Layer with remaining broccoli, cheese and bread cubes.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and pepper. Pour over casserole. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 422 calories, 27g fat (16g saturated fat), 191mg cholesterol, 951mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein
Reviews for Ham and Broccoli Bake
"Very easy to make and good taste."
"Made it the night before like the recipe called for. Even after baking it for an hour it was too mushy and the bread was soggy. I followed the directions perfectly. I don't recommend this to anyone. It doesn't taste very good and the texture is terrible!"
"Ham and broccoli bake is a simple, easy breakfast that we absolutely love. We make it whenever we have all the ingredients and it's so simple and tastes so good, we will be keeping this recipe for a long time to come."
"My husband and I love this recipe. It will definitely stay in our favorites list. Edna"
"This recipe has a light but very odd texture to it. You get tired of eating it immediately and it begs for more flavor and substance. It was scraped off our dinner plates and thrown away!"
"Too much sodium for my husband's heart-healthy diet."
"very good and easy"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer