Ham and Broccoli Bake
Plan ahead and start this satisfying and comforting casserole the night before you plan to enjoy it. This hearty hot dish is a bargain at only 75 cents per serving.
Harmony Tardugno, Rome, New York
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 35 min.
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) day-old French bread, cubed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Toss bread cubes with butter. Place half in a greased 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking dish. Layer with half of the cheese and broccoli; sprinkle
- with ham. Layer with remaining broccoli, cheese and bread cubes.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and pepper. Pour over
- casserole. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted
- near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before
- cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 422 calories, 27 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 191 mg cholesterol, 951 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein.