Plan ahead and start this satisfying and comforting casserole the night before you are going to bake it. The hearty entree is also inexpensive to serve. —Harmony Tardugno, Vernon Center, New York
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) day-old French bread, cubed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Toss bread cubes with butter. Place half in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with half of the cheese and broccoli; sprinkle with ham. Layer with remaining broccoli, cheese and bread cubes.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and pepper. Pour over casserole. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Ham and Broccoli Bake in Taste of Home October/November 2008, p66
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Ham and Broccoli Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review