Ham and Brie Melts
Melty cheese, ham and apricot preserves offer a special change of pace from the classic grilled cheese. These quick, crispy sandwiches remind me of baked brie. —Bonnie Bahler, Ellington, Connecticut
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 slices multigrain bread
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced deli ham
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, rind removed, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- Spread four bread slices with half of the preserves. Layer with ham
- and cheese. Spread remaining bread with remaining preserves; place
- over cheese, preserves side down. Spread outsides of sandwiches with
- In a large skillet, toast sandwiches over medium heat 2-3 minutes on
- each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 500 calories, 27 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 104 mg cholesterol, 1,208 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer