- 8 slices multigrain bread
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced deli ham
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, rind removed, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- Spread four bread slices with half of the preserves. Layer with ham and cheese. Spread remaining bread with remaining preserves; place over cheese, preserves side down. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- In a large skillet, toast sandwiches over medium heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Ham and Brie Melts
Sort By :
"Oh my word. Sooo delicious! Perfect combination of sweet and savory. Remarkable recipe. I will be making this many times again for sure."
"Wow! Adding the apricot preserves to this sandwich is ingenious. Perfect! I made it for a quick Sunday night dinner to go with a bowl of cream of tomato soup... wonderful combination. As I field editor, I am happy to rate this 5 Star!"
"Tasty, quick a nice twist, good for lunch with weekend company ,"
"This is one of the finest grilled sandwiches I've ever eaten. It really is an easy-to-make tasty combo of flavors. Absolutely mouth-watering!!!!"
"Fabulous sandwich - have made it several times and will make again with Easter ham leftovers"