- 8 slices multigrain bread
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced deli ham
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, rind removed, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- Spread four bread slices with half of the preserves. Layer with ham and cheese. Spread remaining bread with remaining preserves; place over cheese, preserves side down. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- In a large skillet, toast sandwiches over medium heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Ham and Brie Melts
Sort By :
"Wow! Adding the apricot preserves to this sandwich is ingenious. Perfect! I made it for a quick Sunday night dinner to go with a bowl of cream of tomato soup... wonderful combination. As I field editor, I am happy to rate this 5 Star!"
"Tasty, quick a nice twist, good for lunch with weekend company ,"
"This is one of the finest grilled sandwiches I've ever eaten. It really is an easy-to-make tasty combo of flavors. Absolutely mouth-watering!!!!"
"Fabulous sandwich - have made it several times and will make again with Easter ham leftovers"
"I was born in germany and we make sandwiches similar to this one, we just use diff bread"