Melty cheese, ham and apricot preserves offer a special change of pace from the classic grilled cheese. These quick, crispy sandwiches remind me of baked brie. —Bonnie Bahler, Ellington, Connecticut
- 8 slices multigrain bread
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced deli ham
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, rind removed, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- Spread four bread slices with half of the preserves. Layer with ham and cheese. Spread remaining bread with remaining preserves; place over cheese, preserves side down. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- In a large skillet, toast sandwiches over medium heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ham and Brie Melts in Simple & Delicious July/August 2009, p37
Reviews for Ham and Brie Melts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review