Ham and Black Bean Soup Recipe
I originally made this slightly spicy soup for my husband, who enjoys black beans. But I ended up loving it, too! Even more compliments came from our neighbors who stopped by and stayed for supper.—Laura Meurer, Green Bay, Wisconsin
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or until onion is tender. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
1 cup equals 202 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 1,222 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 14 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC