Ham and Black Bean Soup Recipe
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or until onion is tender. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Ham and Black Bean Soup
Sort By :
This was wonderful. We all enjoyed it very much.
I made this with 1 can of rotel tomatoes in the place of the chopped green chilies and it turned out divine! My husband, who is a much better cook than I, oohed and aahed over it! I have since cooked it several times and with just the 2 of us..there rarely are any leftovers! :) EXCELLENT RECIPE!
I made this with boiled and soaked dry black beans (1-1/2 c.) I had no ham but added chopped, cooked chicken. It was delicious, got hubby's rave review. Will make again for sure.