Ham and Bean Stew Recipe
In East Granby, Connecticut, Teresa D'Amato needs only five ingredients to fix this thick, flavorful stew. "It's very easy to make and a favorite with my family." she writes. "I top bowls of it with grated cheese."
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) baked beans
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients; mix well. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours or until the potatoes are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Ham and Bean Stew in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p53
Reviews for Ham and Bean Stew(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 8, 2010
I've made this quite a few times over the years. It's a great way to use up leftover ham. My husband and I love it. It always gets eaten up in record time.
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Stew Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Ham >