Ham and Asparagus Spaghetti Casserole Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti, broken into thirds
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated onion
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Rinse with cold water; drain. Meanwhile in a large saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add asparagus. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, toss spaghetti with eggs and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Spread into two greased 2-qt. baking dishes.
- 3. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add the evaporated milk, milk and broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 4. Remove from the heat. Whisk in the mayonnaise, lemon juice, onion, mustard, parsley and rosemary. Stir in cheddar cheese and remaining Parmesan until blended.
- 5. Sprinkle ham and asparagus over spaghetti crust. Pour cheese sauce over top. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until edges are bubbly. Yield: 2 casseroles (8 servings each).
1 cup: 307 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 530mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Ham and Asparagus Spaghetti Casserole
"Lovely dish, and everyone loved it. Next time will layer ingredients twice. pasta, ham and asparagus, cheese sauce, then again."
"Fabulous! Great flavor, nice and creamy."