Ham and Asparagus Roll-ups
Fresh asparagus makes this dish extra special and delicious. It is fancy enough to serve to guests.Grace Andres, Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 8 to 10 thin ham slices
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons Diamond of California Sliced Almonds
- Steam asparagus until tender; pat dry. Roll a slice of ham around two
- to three asparagus stalks. Place ham rolls, seam side down, in a
- greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Combine the soup and milk; pour
- over the ham rolls. top with almonds.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly. (Can
- also be microwaved on high for 3-5 minutes.) Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 131 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 837 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer