Ham and Asparagus Casserole Recipe
This family-favorite casserole is perfect for all occasions. But it's especially nice for an Easter brunch—the ham, hard-cooked eggs and asparagus in it are so much a part of that special day. Cinnamon-flavored yeast bread makes a tasty accompaniment for this easy casserole, as do rolls.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen cut asparagus or 1 pound fresh asparagus, 1/2-inch cuts
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 cup shredded process cheese (Velveeta)
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream or evaporated milk
- 1 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. In a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, combine the asparagus, eggs and ham; sprinkle tapioca evenly over all. Stir in the cheese, green pepper, onion and parsley.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, cream and soup; add to casserole and mix thoroughly. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over top.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Let stand a few minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Ham and Asparagus Casserole
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC