Ham and Apricot Crepes Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 20 thin slices deli ham
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) apricot halves
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (5-1/2 ounces each) apricot nectar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the milk, eggs and butter. Add flour and beat until well combined. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet; pour 2 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- 3. Place a slice of ham on each crepe; roll up. Place in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, drain apricots, reserving syrup. Cut apricots into 1/4-in. slices; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add apricot nectar and reserved syrup; stir until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the butter, lemon juice and apricot slices. Serve with crepes. Yield: 10 servings.
2 each: 258 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 493mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein .
Reviews for Ham and Apricot Crepes
"I tried today with peaches and peach nectar instead of apricots because that's what I had in my cupboard -- fantastic!"