Ham A La King Recipe
An aunt gave me this recipe, which is great for using leftover ham. I've served it several times for company, and someone always asks for the recipe.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, cooked and drained
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen puff pastry shells, baked
- WHITE SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash white pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1. In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add the green pepper, onions and mushrooms; cook and stir until tender. Stir in peas, ham, mustard and salt; heat through. Gently stir in eggs; set aside. For sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan. Add flour, salt and pepper; stir to make a smooth paste. Add the milk all at once; cook and stir 1 minute more. Add ham mixture and heat through. Serve in pastry shells. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 559 calories, 35 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 172 mg cholesterol, 1,268 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 21 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC