Ham A La King Recipe
An aunt gave me this recipe, which is great for using leftover ham. I've served it several times for company, and someone always asks for the recipe.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, cooked and drained
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen puff pastry shells, baked
- WHITE SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash white pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1. In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add the green pepper, onions and mushrooms; cook and stir until tender. Stir in peas, ham, mustard and salt; heat through. Gently stir in eggs; set aside. For sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan. Add flour, salt and pepper; stir to make a smooth paste. Add the milk all at once; cook and stir 1 minute more. Add ham mixture and heat through. Serve in pastry shells. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 559 calories, 35 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 172 mg cholesterol, 1,268 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 21 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC