Ham a la King with Peas Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen puff pastry shells
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3 slices process American cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed, optional
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Bake pastry shells according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Dissolve bouillon in water. Gradually add milk and bouillon to the saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Reduce heat; add the cheese, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Stir until cheese is melted. Add the ham, peas if desired, olives, pimientos and parsley; heat through. Serve in pastry shells. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 487 calories, 31g fat (12g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 1232mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Ham a la King with Peas
"At Krogers in the frozen foods under Desserts I found the puff pastries. Have not tried this recipe yet because I wanted the ones that couldn't find the pastries help. This looks really good and will re post after I try it."
"My gosh.... I love this recipe! My husband and grandkids always ask me to cook this again! Thank you for sharing."
"Loved it with ham. Would be even better with chicken; I added extra peas. Very easy receipe."
"This was a wonderful quick recipe. I adjusted it accourding to our likes. I left out the olives, added a little extra peas. I used biscuits instead of the puff pastry as I couldn't find the pastry in our store."
"I have been doing that but it is not the same. I love puff pastry shells. I do the same thing with chicken. Also really good,"
"Real comfort food! For anncash, if you can't find frozen puff pastry shells, make refrigerated biscuits and pour the sauce over them."
"I can't buy the frozen puff pastries anywhere around here, what is a person to do?"