Ham a la King with Peas Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen puff pastry shells
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3 slices process American cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed, optional
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Bake pastry shells according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Dissolve bouillon in water. Gradually add milk and bouillon to the saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; add the cheese, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Stir until cheese is melted. Add the ham, peas if desired, olives, pimientos and parsley; heat through. Serve in pastry shells. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Ham a la King with Peas(7)
Sort By :
Loved it with ham. Would be even better with chicken; I added extra peas. Very easy receipe.
This was a wonderful quick recipe. I adjusted it accourding to our likes. I left out the olives, added a little extra peas. I used biscuits instead of the puff pastry as I couldn't find the pastry in our store.
My family and I loved this, the pastry puts it over the top! Can't wait to make it again!
I have been doing that but it is not the same. I love puff pastry shells. I do the same thing with chicken. Also really good,