As a nutritionist, I'm always trying to get my family to enjoy—or at least eat!—foods that are good for them. They love the combination of flavors in this salad.
- 5 cups cooked wild rice
- 1/2 cup Western salad dressing
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine rice and dressing; cover and chill overnight. Add ham, turkey, celery, peas, radishes and onion. Combine mayonnaise, mustard, curry, salt and pepper; mix well. Stir into salad. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Ham, Turkey and Wild Rice Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p53
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Ham, Turkey and Wild Rice Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review