Ham 'n' Veggie Soup Recipe
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium zucchini, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 6 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion and zucchini in oil for 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add the mushrooms, corn and ham; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- 2. Stir in the tomatoes, broth, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Uncover; simmer 5-8 minutes longer. Garnish with mozzarella cheese. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 cup: 160 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 955mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein
Reviews for Ham 'n' Veggie Soup
"This soup is awesome! My whole family enjoyed it. My daughter enjoyed so much she brought the recipe back to college with her."
"Tasted like liquid ham; way too salty for me."