From Lansdale, Pennsylvania, Barbara Thompson writes, "When I added some ham to this flavorful broth chockfull of vegetables, the colorful dish became a complete meal."
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium zucchini, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 6 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and zucchini in oil for 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add the mushrooms, corn and ham; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, broth, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Uncover; simmer 5-8 minutes longer. Garnish with mozzarella cheese. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Ham 'n' Veggie Soup in Taste of Home October/November 2001, p18
Reviews for Ham 'n' Veggie Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review