From Lansdale, Pennsylvania, Barbara Thompson writes, "When I added some ham to this flavorful broth chockfull of vegetables, the colorful dish became a complete meal."
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium zucchini, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 6 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and zucchini in oil for 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add the mushrooms, corn and ham; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, broth, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Uncover; simmer 5-8 minutes longer. Garnish with mozzarella cheese. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Ham 'n' Veggie Soup in Taste of Home October/November 2001, p18
Reviews for Ham 'n' Veggie Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 11, 2012
"This soup is awesome! My whole family enjoyed it. My daughter enjoyed so much she brought the recipe back to college with her."
Reviewed Oct. 26, 2010
"Tasted like liquid ham; way too salty for me."