Ham 'n' Swiss Strudel Recipe
- 1-1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 12 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 4 ounces thinly sliced deli ham, julienned
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss Cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1. In a saucepan, bring broth to a boil; add rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender; add to rice.
- 2. Melt remaining butter. Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface; brush with butter. Layer with remaining phyllo and butter (keep dough covered with waxed paper until ready to use). Spoon rice mixture over dough to within 1 in. of edges. Sprinkle with ham, cheese and paprika.
- 3. Fold short sides 1 in. over filling. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Brush with remaining butter.
- 4. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 278 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 461 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Reviews for Ham 'n' Swiss Strudel
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer