With red potatoes, ham, Swiss cheese and olives, this potato salad stands out from any others. I submitted the recipe to our kitchen at work, and now it's on the cafeteria menu!
Recommended: 43 Ways to Make Classic Irish Food at Home
- 3 pounds unpeeled small red potatoes, cooked and sliced
- 1/2 pound Swiss cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes and cheese. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salt, chives, white pepper and cayenne; pour over potato mixture and toss gently to coat. Gently fold in the ham and olives. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Ham 'n' Swiss Potato Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p208
Reviews for Ham 'n' Swiss Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review