Ham 'n' Swiss Muffins
Whenever the entire family gathers at our cabin for a weekend excursion, I greet them with these mouthwatering muffins. The fresh and lively flavor is unbeatable.—Susan Webber, Lansing, Michigan
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1 drop hot pepper sauce
- 5 English muffins, split and toasted
- In a bowl, combine cheese, ham, green pepper and onion. Stir in
- mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Spread 1/4
- cup on each muffin half; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 5
- in. from the heat for 2 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly.
- Yield: 5 servings.