Ham 'n' Swiss Monte Cristo Recipe
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 slices bread
- 1 slice (1 ounce) deli ham
- 1 slice (1 ounce) Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1. Spread mustard over one side of each slice of bread, then layer with ham and cheese; top with remaining bread.
- 2. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, water and egg until smooth. Dip sandwich on both sides in egg mixture. Cook in a skillet coated with cooking spray until browned, about 2 minutes on each side. Yield: 1 serving.
1 each: 319 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 1153mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 2 medium-fat meat
Reviews for Ham 'n' Swiss Monte Cristo
"This is a simple and easy recipe that tastes great. My children love it. I serve it with syrup and it has a yummy sweet and savory flavor in every bite!"