Ham 'n' Swiss Monte Cristo Recipe
"My husband works shifts, so sometimes he's eating breakfast at dinnertime," writes Dawn Davidson of Thornton, Ontario. "This sandwich prepared like French toast, is quick to make."
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 slices bread
- 1 slice (1 ounce) deli ham
- 1 slice (1 ounce) Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- Spread mustard over one side of each slice of bread, then layer with ham and cheese; top with remaining bread.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, water and egg until smooth. Dip sandwich on both sides in egg mixture. Cook in a skillet coated with cooking spray until browned, about 2 minutes on each side. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Ham 'n' Swiss Monte Cristo in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006, p63
Reviews for Ham 'n' Swiss Monte Cristo(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 28, 2011
This is a simple and easy recipe that tastes great. My children love it. I serve it with syrup and it has a yummy sweet and savory flavor in every bite!