Ham 'n' Swiss Envelopes Recipe
These clever envelopes may not hold Christmas cards, but your guests will still be eager to look inside. The hot pockets shaped with refrigerated dough are stuffed with a delicious ham-and-cheese filling.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 3/4 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1. In a large skillet, saute ham and onion in oil until onion is tender. Add cheeses; cook for 3-4 minutes or until melted. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- 2. Unroll crescent dough and separate into four rectangles; seal perforations. Place 2 tablespoons of ham mixture in the center of each rectangle. Starting with a short side, fold a third of the dough over filling. On the other short side, bring both corners together in the center to form a point. Fold over to resemble an envelope. Pinch seams to seal.
- 3. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC